Saturday, January 25, 2014

Undeveloped Memories

Babe in my arms,
So soft and so cute.
How I love and adore you.
I'll rock you tonight
And sing you a song
To soothe and comfort, my babe.

Toddler of mine,
Exploring our world.
I love to see you discover
New things and new people
New words and new concepts.
Wonders abound, my toddler.

Child, my child,
Growing so big.
Learning about what you love.
School work and lessons
May seem quite a chore,
But it's for the best, my child.

Oh teenager.
You think you know all.
I pray for your safety daily.
We argue and discuss,
But love and comfort, too.
You amaze me, teenager.

Grown-up child mine,
My babe you'll always be,
Though now you are older and wiser.
You have a family and job
And live in honor and love.
I'm proud of you, my grown-up child.

Baby from my womb,
Straight to Heaven you went.
These memories will never be ours.
I don't understand why,
But I know there's a plan.
I will meet you in Heaven
Someday
My precious, little baby.

-In loving memory of my unborn children

No comments:

Post a Comment